Wednesday 13 March 2019

Hot Season

Fresh from class,
From frantic people,
From mind wrecking decisions
From stifling lecturers,
From random passerby,
From the golden sun,
From the clear blue sky,
From a day filled with different levels of energy.

“It’s fun but also tiring”,
She types in her whatsapp group,
Not intending to complain but,
To just let it out ,
Let it out,
Of the system that lies in a human physique.

“I mean, I AM happy. I love what I do. I am proud of myself for handling everything so well.”

“but, sometimes, the heat gets to me. I hate how I always watch other people’s whatsapp stories, I hate how I always glance at my whatsapp to see if there’s any new messages although my brain is full. I can’t respond to everyone who needs me. I can’t please everyone who seeks me. I can’t be the perfect figure for people who looks at me. My life is full. I wonder what’s my limit on these days? On days where I walk under the sun while maintaining a calm composure, wincing at the heat.”

Then, as the headache knocks,
And the heat level increases,
And auto-pilot mode activates,
She realize,
“Ahh, I have reach my limit. Right, let’s take a break.”
And curtains drawn,
A mug of iced tea,
Laptop ready,
Earphones on,
Calming tunes began to play,
she moves,
And listen,
And watch,
And write,
Whatever her heart wills,
And the weather becomes cooler,
The breeze began to enter,
Into her dimly lit room,
Colors began to form,
Splashes of red, blue, purple,
Recolor her fading soul,
Spreading warmth,
And comfort,
Until finally the end product,
Her heart beats again,
With life,
Spirit,
And a soothing coolness.

“Could this be the iced tea effect?”
She wonders,
As she sips her sweet tea,
And allows the coolness of the mug,
To sink into her dry palms,
And cools her humid world.









No comments:

Post a Comment