Wednesday 28 December 2016

The light beneath the leaves

"Hi. My name is Suiren. Please look after me."

"Hi. I'm Nur. Stands for light in arabic."

"Light? That's beautiful. My name stands for water lily in japanese."

"That's cool! Great to meet you water lily."

"You too light. You too."



"Suiren, I think you should use a lighter color for the leaves."

"Oh, I just felt like painting it lighter you see."

"but the forest is suppose to be dark in that area"

"yeah but it's not always dark isn't it?"



"They loved it Suiren. Great job!"

"Really?! It's all thanks to you Nur."

"Me? All I did was give ideas and fixed the colors. You did the important job."

"If it wasn't for your ideas and delicate touches, the painting wouldn't be the same Nur. Give yourself some credit will ya."

"Haha if you say so Suiren. Now let's get some treats to celebrate. I know just the right place."

"To the light!"



"Nur, I need to go home early today. Sorry."

"Huh. Oh sure Suiren. Our work is nearly done here anyway."

"Thanks Nur."

"Hey, why do you need to go back early by the way? Anything I can help?"

"Ah, I just need to do some errands. Thanks Nur."

"Stop thanking me Rainy."

"Whatever Sunlight."



"Hey Suiren, your paintings seems to be different lately. Is anything the matter?

"Different? Ah, I just wanted to explore different themes and colors."

"If you say so Sui Sui."



"Hey Nur. Can I ask you a favor?"

"Yeah?"

"It's nothing."



"Boss wants you to tone down on the colors."

"What colors?"

"The colors on your paintings idiot. You're using to much dark elements. Your drawings also seems to be, kinda shadowy? Even the character's shadows seems to be emphasized more. You changed, Suiren."

"It's just my paintings Nur. I'll fix it."



"Suiren, what's this? Are you sick?"

"What? Oh. That's my sister's. I went the pharmacy yesterday but i guess i forgot to pass it to her."

"Is your sister okay? This is anti-depressants isn't it?

"You sure don't miss a beat Nur. Don't worry, she's in great care."

"Good to hear that."



"Suiren. Is there anything you need to tell me?"

"Hmm?"

"Stop it Suiren. I know something's wrong with you."

"Nur, what do you mean? I'm fine you know."

"You don't have a sister Suiren."

"How did you.."

"Suiren. Please. I know what you're going through. Please Suiren."

"I'm fine Nur."



- To Be Continued -





No comments:

Post a Comment